A casual trip with family and friends or just a simple boat ride can be fun and full of adventure. However, for a pleasant boating experience, you need more. You need to have a few cool pontoon boat accessories so that your on and off the boat experience becomes memorable.
Here is a list of the top marine and boating accessories to help you choose the perfect gadget for your trip. You should consider some of these to make your party a success.
Z ZTARX Waterproof Dry Bag
- 【WIRELESS SPEAKER】- Built-in V4.0 wireless speaker and multiple color LED lights, the LED color would be dancing with music playing, enjoy the outdoor party and no lonely in the way. Easy to search signal “eflatable” and connected your song...
- 【TWO RECHARGE WAYS - SOLAR & USB】- Solar charging in 10-12 hours to get full charge on directly sunlight; Micro USB recharging available, full charged only need 2 hrs. The built-in battery could play 3-6 hrs music and 3-10 hrs bright light.
- 【5 LEVELS BRIGHTNESS LED】- Long last lighting modes: Music mode in 3-5 hrs; Sleep Mode in 10hrs/15LM; Bright mode in 5hrs/ 30LM; SOS mode 15hrs. Bright your night, to light up your area and hiking way.
Z Ztarx’s Sol Gear is the ultimate dry pack made to keep your items dry even in the harshest condition. This floatable dry bag is made of commercial-grade 500 decoded tarpaulin polymer.
It has high-frequency welding on all its stress points, creating a watertight seal and providing proper protection against punctures and abrasions.
The dry bag comes with Bluetooth connectivity and a 3-watt speaker. Now you can enjoy the best quality of music anywhere. It has a range of up to 10 meters so that you can change your music without even touching it.
Its 1,000 milliamperes lithium battery can be charged using its onboard solar panel or via its USB port. This large capacity provides a playback time of up to 6 hours without any interruption.
This backpack is rated IPCC’s weatherproof. This means the bag will survive even after submerging it into the water. It is rugged enough to withstand any weather conditions.
The sol gear is equipped with 4 LED lights. You can turn this bag into a colorful buoy due to six different colored lights. Light up your campsite or turn on the SOS red light flashing mode in an emergency.
The Z Ztarx Sol Gear is perfect for taking to your kayaking, boating, swimming, camping, and fishing trips. Keep your phone’s camera, clothes, and equipment clean from dust, dirt, sand, snow, and water.
Now that we have a waterproof bag let’s add some accessories inside of it.
Cell Phone Dry Case and Lanyard
- 4 in. wide x 6 in. long with maximum circumference of 7 1/4 in.
- Clear TPU front, blue TPU back, padded and lined
- Adjustable neck lanyard & anodized aluminum spring hook
Another great thing to have during emergencies is your cell phone. But, what if your cell phone is now wet due to water damage. This is why a waterproof case and lanyard is a must-have accessory.
A Panergy Solar Battery Charger
- 【High Efficiency Solar Panels】The solar charger is equipped with 5 foldable 1.5W highly efficient solar panels, input up to 1.5A current under normal sunlight, which is 4-6 times faster than other ordinary solar chargers. Note: Solar charging is...
- 【Ultra Fast Charging】3 outputs design, the solar power bank combined USB C PD 18W fast charging port and 5V/3A USB A charging port, power up your 3 devices fast at the same time without long time waiting. By intelligently adjusting output power...
- 【26800mAh Huge Capacity】The solar phone charger built-in 26800mAh large capacity battery, powerful enough to charge an iPhone 11 for 6.5 times, a Galaxy S10 Plus for 5 times and an iPad Pro 1.9 times.
Portable chargers are must-have pontoon boat accessories. They’re must-have accessories – on and off the boat! Period.
These days when we are so dependent on electronics, you need a portable charger. Being able to charge your electronics on a pontoon boat is priceless. It will save you a lot of headaches if you have kids.
You don’t have to buy the best battery charger, but having one is essential.
My choice is a Panergy solar battery charger because I like to help the environment as much as possible. True, you should use solar charging only as a backup, but anything helps.
Panergy solar charger is very sturdy but very heavy. It weighs about 2 lbs, thanks to five solar panels that are revealed once you unfold the charger.
If you chose to go with a Panergy charger, you would receive 26800mAh of energy storage. This gives you the ability to charge three different devices at a time. It has two different flashlights and a mosquito repellent light.
I’m not sure if the mosquito repellent works, but nevertheless, it has it.
Other Battery Chargers You Can Try
- Luxtude 20000mAh Waterproof Charger – Water-proof and great-looking, this is a great charger to have in your boat. It’s got a huge battery power capacity and only takes overnight to charge. It is a bit heavier than the other options, but you’d appreciate this given the power it packs. I’d have this on the boat, especially if I have guests.
- OUTXE Quick Charge 25000mAh – Get this onboard your boat, and it’d be fine! It is waterproof, drop-resistant, and dust-proof. It charges my devices fast. The only downside is that it takes comparatively long to recharge.
- EasyAcc 24000mAh Solar Power Bank – If you’re into boating and the rugged outdoors, this is the charger for you. It is literally built like a brick: tough, waterproof, and powerful. I like having this on my boat, regardless of the conditions I might face.
If you need a bit more power, here is a generator you should look at.
Steiner Commander Binoculars
A binocular can be a great thing to have to observe deep blue horizons from your comfort zone on any boating trip. The Steiner Commander Binoculars can do exactly that.
The Steiner commander can deliver outstanding image clarity with real-time auto-tracking, combined with high-definition optics and a sports autofocus system.
The Steiner Commander provides you up to seven times magnification. This lets you focus on objects which are very far away.
The commander’s housing is made from durable polycarbonate with NBR long live rubber armoring. This material creates a lightweight, rugged chassis that withstands 11 Gs of impact. You can use it in harsh weather conditions with confidence.
It features an N2 Injection System. This system seals 14 psi pressurized dry nitrogen into the object for fog-proof clarity.
Are you looking for rugged binoculars that let you observe the blue ocean with clarity? The Steiner commander binoculars are the right choice for you.
Surfboard or Zup Board
- ALL-IN-ONE BOARD: DoMore board serves as a wakeboard, kneeboard, and water skis to provide fun for everyone on the water
- INTEGRATED HANDLES: Built-in handle hook and molded side handles allows riders to start, move to a kneeling position, or move to a standing position without worrying about holding onto the handle
- VERSATILE FOOT STRAPS: Slip-in foot straps also serve as elbow and knee pads if board is used as a wakeboard, tube, or kneeboard
Every fun activity on the water starts with a good old surfboard.
If you are an experienced surfer, you can use a regular surfboard, but if you are a newbie, try Zup Board.
If you like good fun on the water, this is a way to do it. You can read all about it in my zup board review article.
Trident Underwater Scooter
No products found.
The device you could have seen only among professional scuba divers is now sold on Amazon. It works great from a regular battery and weighs only a little over eight pounds. The Trident underwater scooter was designed for divers and snorkel lovers.
The propellers with protective netting create a thrust of 26 pounds. That will enable you to reach a maximum depth of 164 feet.
With one-button switching, the diverse can choose between two-speed levels, 1.86 or 4 miles per hour.
The 90 minutes charge lithium battery is enough to upgrade the scooter for 45 minutes. The charge indicator will alert you whenever it’s time to go back to the surface.
QYSEA FIFISH V6 Underwater Rover
- FIFISH V6 from QYSEA is the 1st compact size OMNI-directional ROV with 4K UHD camera.
- The patented Smart Thruster Array empowers you to push beyond your creative boundaries and explore the vast underwater world without limits.
- The professional 4K camera with a 166° FOV fixed lens for underwater video filming / photo shooting, support H.265 HEVC video format and RAW in DNG epic underwater shooting.
Do you love exploring the underwater world? QYSEA FIFISH V6 Might be what you need. It is an underwater Rover that provides you stunning view of the underwater world.
The QYSEA FIFISH can go down depths up to 100 meters because of its innovative design and quality build material. It will provide you the best experience of the underwater sea world for the price.
It comes with six thrusters for Omni-directional control. You can drive it in any direction of your desire.
The QYSEA FIFISH V6 features a 12 megapixel Sony CMOS Sensor. You will be able to shoot photos and videos in stunning 4k resolution in RAW DNG format. You will not miss out on any details while recording.
It comes with two LED lights that can produce 2,000 lumens of brightness. You can now explore the darkest areas of the underwater environment.
The QYSEA FIFISH V6 comes with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery. The battery provides a total of 4 hours of runtime so that you can record underwater videos for a long time.
If you are looking for a waterproof Rover that can provide you stunning view of underwater in detail, then the QYSEA FIFISH is the right choice for you.
Pontoon Boat Grill
- New tempered glass viewing window New beautiful rounded edge design Redesigned dynamic combustion system
- Made in the U.S.A. Constructed of 100% 18-9 marine grade mirror polished stainless steel Full double lined lower shell Hermetically sealed thermometer
- Equipped with integrated fold-away legs Locking front access grease tray 9"x18" (162 Sq. In.) grilling area
If you did not think you can get a barbecue for your boat, I have a great surprise. There are many barbecues that you can buy for your pontoon boat.
This makes the experience a lot better! Now, you don’t need to bring deli meat and cold items. You can cook on your vessel and enjoy a hot meal. For the summer, this comes in handy.
The best part will be enjoying hot food with your family and friends! Since summer is coming, this is an idea to consider. You can read the best pontoon boat grill article I wrote about the BBQs.
Needles to say, I am a fan of having a pontoon barbecue or even a pontoon fire pit.
GoSun Fusion Cooker
- SOLAR/ELECTRIC HYBRID - The world's first solar + electric oven to work off grid.
- PORTABLE - The GoSun Fusion packs up to a 14 LB package, with an anodized aluminum reflector frame that protects the cooking chamber
- COOK AT NIGHT - Cook on sunny days, cloudy days, rainy days, or at night!
Cooking can become problematic as starting a fire on the boat can be a hassle on a boating trip. Meet the GoSun Fusion that lets you cook delicious meals anywhere and take your party to the next level.
Instead of charcoal or propane grill, the fusion uses vacuum tube technology. Sunlight is focused on the vacuum tube by parabolic reflectors—those reflectors will convert nearly 80% of the Sun’s rays into heat. The cooker can reach up to 550F while keeping the exterior of the cooker cool to the touch.
The vacuum tube works as an insulator to keep the food hot.
It also uses a thermal heating component in the base of the cooking tray.
The heating element needs a 12-volt battery to cook a full meal and is encased in a stainless steel cover.
This versatile cooker weighs only six point two kilograms. It is five times more efficient than a traditional electric oven. And it can feed up to six people at a time.
Cool Food & Beverage Caddy
- Mounts in most standard sized rod holders and allows you to level flat at most any angle. If you don’t have a rod holder on your boat other mounting types are available. Please ask for recommendations.
- Portable Boat Caddy, Serving Station, Bottle and Cup Holder. Holds most bottles and cups from 1.75 liters and smaller.
- Made of King Starboard, UV stabilized, fastened with stainless steel hardware, folds flt for storage.
A best-seller at boating shows. The Docktail Butler is the ultimate multifunctional family-style beverage and food caddy.
If you are looking for an easy and convenient way you serve your guests, this cool caddy is the perfect accessory.
Do you have a grill on your pontoon boat? Do you have a family? Do you like to have a drink or two while cruising? Do you like to fish and need a place to put your fishing lure? If you answered yes to any of these questions, this is a must-have accessory for you.
After the grill, this is the best thing you will ever buy for your boat.
Portable Marine Coolers
- Ultimate Xtreme technology with extra-thick insulation for ice retention up to 7 days at temperatures as high as 90°F
- 200-quart capacity holds up to 325 cans; plenty of room for days of refreshments and keeping the catch chilled
- Antimicrobial-treated liner resists mold, mildew, odor, and fungus
Both fish and bait can be kept much fresher throughout the duration of your voyage if properly stored. Get yourself a portable cooler. Without a doubt, one of the best coolers is Coleman 200-Quart XP H2O Marine Cooler.
However, If you are thinking about taking this pastime on more seriously, or will be fishing often with more and more friends, looking for a good time, then you may also want to consider investing in a dedicated live well on board.
For other recommendations and what I think is the best cooler read 2021 The Best Boat Coolers – A Quick and Easy Guide
Boat Autopilot Features
A device that steers the boat for you frees you up to focus on other tasks requiring more attention. The autopilot technology will drive according to preset turn patterns, exercising optimum control. If you are a savvy person, order a system like Garmin’s GHC 153 Autopilot Control from Amazon.
Water Depth Finder
- ENHANCED DISPLAY TECHNOLOGY: High-resolution, 7-inch SolarMAX display that makes it easier to identify fish and structure with new, enhanced screen clarity and target separation.
- FISHREVEAL SMART TARGET VIEW: Makes fish easier to see on DownScan Imaging by combining clear CHIRP sonar fish targets with superior, high-resolution views of bottom detail, structure and bait fish.
- PRELOADED HIGH-DETAIL MAPPING: Fish new water like a pro with preloaded US Inland mapping that features 4,000 lakes with 1-foot contours. Narrow your search for productive water, easily locating fish-holding structure like ledges, drop offs and...
A quality sonar sensor depth finder captures both temperature and depth measurements. It lets you better navigate the water. It also tracks the fish themselves, providing you with their location.
If anything will crank the odds of you getting a catch to the max, it is this feature right here. Luckily, this is also an easy gadget to get if you would like to shop independently.
Fishing Rod Holders
- Constructed of High-Impact Co Polymer Material
- Multi-Positional Mounting
- Locking Rod Ring
Some people like to be in control 100% of the time when they are fishing. They will not let the fishing rod out of their hands.
I, however, am different. I prefer to have the freedom to move around the boat without holding a fishing rod in my hands. For that, I use a fishing rod holder.
Here are Other Rod Holder Brands You Could Try on Boating Trips
- Amarine-made 4pcs Stainless Clamp-on Fishing Rod Holder for Rails – I had these rod holders on my boat. I was pleasantly surprised by how functional these are, especially considering the low price.
- PLUSINNO Fishing Boat Rods Holder – These are some of the nicer-looking rod holders for your boat. You can rely on these on your boating trips.
- Millennium Spyder LOK – This adjustable rod holder is vital for people with disabilities. Having this on your boat makes your boating or fishing trip extra comfortable.
GPS Track And Chart Plotter
- 9-Inch high-resolution intuitive touchscreen controls
- NMEA 2000 and NMEA 0183 support for network connectivity, including autopilots, digital switching, weather, FUSION-Link, VHF, AIS and more
- Garmin Marine Network support for sharing sonar, including Panoptix sonar, maps, user data, radar and IP cameras among multiple units
Use these innovative features here, and you will be able to plan voyages around pre-marked fishing routes. Pair this together with your autopilot control system and even a rod holder if you are up for it, and you will not even need to fish. Whoever said, ‘teach a man to fish, and he will never be hungry again,’ clearly has never set foot into a rig like this one!
Garmin GPSMAP 86i GPS
- Water-resistant, floating design, sunlight-visible 3” display and button operation provide ease of use on the water
- Stream boat data from compatible chartplotters and instruments to consolidate your marine system information
- Stay in touch from anywhere with in reach satellite communication and two-way text messaging via the 100% Global Iridium satellite network
While in the sea, it’s crucial to have a navigation system to guide you to reach your destination. Keep the Garmin GPSMAP 86i by your side to show you the path, even in deep waters.
It comes with compatible Garmin chart plotters and instruments. You can see real-time boat data displayed right in your hand. Use it as a remote control for convenient operation with Garmin autopilot.
It has built-in satellite technology that helps you stay in touch globally. Send and receive two-way text messages and track and share your journey. If necessary, trigger an interactive SOS to get emergency help.
It comes pre-loaded with blue G3 coastal charts. This gives you industrial leading coverage with integrated Garmin and Navionics data. Sink the GPSMAP 86i with the Garmin Explorer website for cloud management of your favorite waypoint tracks and routes.
The GPSMAP 86i has a rechargeable lithium battery. The battery provides up to 35 hours of life in a ten-minute tracking mode. If you like expedition mode, you will have 2 hours of battery life at your disposal.
Are you looking for a professional-grade navigation system for your boating trip? Are you looking for the right path in any weather condition? If you do, the Garmin GPSMAP 86i is the right choice for you.
The cockpit, captain, and passengers will be shielded from choppy waters and spray thanks to a windshield’s shelter. This is another one of those features that you will not fully appreciate until you really need it.
LG XBook PK7 Speaker
- Easy Bluetooth pairing and high definition streaming
- Up to 22 hours playback
- Enhanced bass with LED beat lighting
Whether you are at the beach or having a party on a yacht with, the LG XBook PK7 can spice up your party everywhere. It features two speakers that offer deep bass and excellent sound.
The speaker has clear vocal and enhanced bass settings. Those settings give the speaker a sweet bump sound to the bass and further project the sound.
It also offers a louder and clearer sound with the latest upgrade. The LG PK7 offers iPx5 standard water resistance, and it can survive rain or accidental splashes.
This wireless speaker offers Bluetooth connectivity with APTX support and a 3.5-millimeter auxiliary input socket to channel your tunes.
With a massive battery, the speaker can play your music for up to 22 hours. Its multicolored LED lights match the beat of the songs. If you pair it with another speaker, you can create a stereo effect.
The LG PK7 allows access to voice assistants of smartphones from the speaker. You can and enjoy hands-free calling as well.
This impressive portable Bluetooth speaker is made from hard textured plastic that weighs about six pounds.
Pontoon Accessories Checklist
I hope this list has helped you. I hope it has given you some ideas of what is most important on a pontoon boat, as well as how you can make your boat more personable.
A pontoon boat is not just a fun toy; it is part of the family. You create memories on it. You enjoy your days on it. It is always better to be prepared.
Other items to consider for your pontoon boat that did not make my ‘must-haves’ list are:
- Underdeck lighting makes your boat stand out.
- Bungee dock lines make docking easier.
- Corner bumpers help avoid potential scratches or dents on your boat.
- Rail-mount rod holders for the fisherman on board.
- A fence-mount diving board for the kids and teenagers on board.
- A pontoon boat table or fire pit.
- A water slide for the kids.
- Pontoon boat enclosure.
- Portable toilet for emergencies.
- Boat emergency equipment.
Basically, this is a good number of cool pontoon boat accessories that you must have when boating. You might opt-out for additional items such as a boat umbrella.
Of course, everyone has their own necessities, and it would be best if you create a list for yourself.
It is important to think through all the things and all the little details because sometimes those details can make a big difference. You want to have a nice day outside. Avoid big problems with things that can be fixed easily by being prepared.