A casual trip with family and friends or just a simple boat ride can be fun and full of adventure. However, for a pleasant boating experience, you need more. You need to have a few cool pontoon boat accessories so that your on and off the boat experience becomes memorable.
To help you choose the perfect gadget for your trip, here is a list of the top marine and boating accessories. You should consider some of these to make your party a success.
Must-Have Pontoon Boat Accessories
Z ZTARX Waterproof Dry Bag
Z Ztarx’s Sol Gear is the ultimate dry pack made to keep your items dry even in the harshest condition. This floatable dry bag is made of commercial-grade 500 decoded tarpaulin polymer. This awesome material allows it to be soft and foldable.
- 【WIRELESS SPEAKER】- Built-in V4.0 wireless speaker and multiple color LED lights, the LED color would be dancing with music playing, enjoy the outdoor party and no lonely in the way. Easy to search signal “eflatable” and connected your song...
- 【TWO RECHARGE WAYS - SOLAR & USB】- Solar charging in 10-12 hours to get full charge on directly sunlight; Micro USB recharging available, full charged only need 2 hrs. The built-in battery could play 3-6 hrs music and 3-10 hrs bright light.
- 【5 LEVELS BRIGHTNESS LED】- Long last lighting modes: Music mode in 3-5 hrs; Sleep Mode in 10hrs/15LM; Bright mode in 5hrs/ 30LM; SOS mode 15hrs. Bright your night, to light up your area and hiking way.
It also has high-frequency welding on all its stress points. This welding creates a watertight seal that provides proper protection against punctures and abrasions.
The dry bag comes with Bluetooth connectivity and a 3-watt speaker. Now you can enjoy the best quality of music anywhere. It has a range of up to 10 meters so that you can change your music without even touching it.
It’s 1,000 milliamperes lithium battery can be charged using its onboard solar panel or via its USB port. This large capacity provides a playback time up to 6 hours without any interruption.
This backpack is rated IPCC’s weatherproof. This means the bag will survive even after submerging into the water. It is rugged enough to withstand any weather conditions.
The sol gear is equipped with 4 LED lights. You can turn this bag into a colorful buoy due to six different colored lights. Light up your campsite or turn on the SOS red light flashing mode in an emergency.
The Z Ztarx Sol Gear is perfect for taking to your kayaking, boating, swimming, camping, and fishing trips. Keep your phone’s camera, clothes, and equipment clean from dust, dirt, sand, snow, and water.
Now that we have a waterproof bag let’s add some accessories inside of it.
Cell Phone Dry Case and Lanyard
Another great thing to have during emergencies is your cell phone. But, what if your cell phone is now wet due to water damage. This is why a waterproof case and lanyard is a must-have accessory.
- 4 in. wide x 6 in. long with maximum circumference of 7 1/4 in.
- Clear TPU front, blue TPU back, padded and lined
- Adjustable neck lanyard & anodized aluminum spring hook
A Panergy Solar Battery Charger
Portable chargers are must-have pontoon boat accessories. They’re must-have accessories – on and off the boat! Period.
These days when we are so dependent on electronics, you need a portable charger. Being able to charge your electronics on a pontoon boat is priceless. It will save you a lot of headaches if you have kids.
You don’t have to buy the best battery charger, but having one is essential.
My choice is a Panergy solar battery charger because I like to help the environment as much as possible. True, you should use solar charging only as a backup, but anything helps.
Panergy solar charger is very sturdy but very heavy. It weighs about 2 lbs, thanks to five solar panels that are revealed once you unfold the charger.
If you chose to go with a Panergy charger, you would receive 26800mAh of energy storage. This gives you the ability to charge three different devices at a time. It has two different flashlights and a mosquito repellent light.
I’m not sure if the mosquito repellent works, but nevertheless, it has it.
- 【High Efficiency Solar Panels】The solar charger is equipped with 5 foldable 1.5W highly efficient solar panels, input up to 1.5A current under normal sunlight, which is 4-6 times faster than other ordinary solar chargers. Note: Solar charging is...
- 【Ultra Fast Charging】3 outputs design, the solar power bank combined USB C PD 18W fast charging port and 5V/3A USB A charging port, power up your 3 devices fast at the same time without long time waiting. By intelligently adjusting output power...
- 【26800mAh Huge Capacity】The solar phone charger built-in 26800mAh large capacity battery, powerful enough to charge an iPhone 11 for 6.5 times, a Galaxy S10 Plus for 5 times and an iPad Pro 1.9 times.
Other Battery Chargers You Can Try
- Luxtude 20000mAh Waterproof Portable Charger – Water-proof and great-looking, this is a great charger to have in your boat. It’s got a huge battery power capacity and only takes overnight to charge. It is a bit heavier than the other options but you’d appreciate this given the power it packs. I’d have this on the boat, especially if I have guests.
- OUTXE Quick Charge 20000mAh Waterproof Power Bank – Get this onboard your boat and it’d be fine! It is waterproof, drop-resistant and dust-proof. It charges my devices fast. The only downside is that it takes comparatively long to recharge.
- EasyAcc 24000mAh Solar Power Bank Rugged Waterproof Portable Charger – If you’re into boating and the rugged outdoors, this is the charger for you. It is literally built like a brick: tough, waterproof and powerful. I like having this on my boat, regardless of the conditions I might face.
- Dark Energy Poseidon IP68 Waterproof – This is a good charger for boating or simply enjoying the great outdoors. It is waterproof, easy-to-carry and charges fast. This Utah-based company also offers commendable tech customer support.
If you need a bit more power, here is a generator you should look at.
Suaoki G500 Portable Power Generator
Enjoying a party on your yacht in the deep blue sea can a lot of fun. But to make your party success you must have a portable power source. Meet the Suaoki G500, a portable power generator that can provide power anywhere.
The Suaoki G500 comes with a massive 500-watt hour capacity. It can charge a regular smartphone or power a laptop. Use it for small appliances like mini refrigerator, speaker, projector, and more.
It provides you a one-stop solution for all devices wherever you go.
The G500 features 3 QC3.0 quick charge USB ports, 2 USB-A ports, and one USB-C port. You can charge mobile devices or modern computers like the new MacBook.
Each DC port supports 12-volt 3-ampere output and has a 12-volt car cigarette port. This way, you can power up your in-car devices when you are not around your car.
The Suaoki G500 can be recharged in three ways.
- You can use the AC wall outlets
- The 12-volt cigarette lighter socket on her car
- Solar panel to charge this lithium power station when the wall outlet is not available
The Suaoki G500 can provide an all-round power solution for your devices on any boating trip.
During summer days, a boating trip can be frustrating. Increase your comfort with an air conditioner.
Zero Breeze Mark Ⅱ is the ultimate battery-powered portable AC. Your off the grid boating trip will be a totally different experience.
It can reduce the surrounding temperature by 60 degrees Fahrenheit in 10 minutes. This will help you stay cool anywhere. It’s also super compact and lightweight so you can carry it around.
This portable AC comes with a revolutionary dual host system. It draws in fresh outdoor air and outputs the hot exhaust air through a separate hose.
The dual hose allows an intake hose to circulate fresh air inside so that you can stay cool during the hottest summer days.
It comes with a high energy density of 18650 milliamp-hour battery. This battery enables it to provide five hours of long-lasting coolness. Also, this powerful battery is detachable, and it can work as a power outlet for camping equipment. Never worry about finding power sources at campsites again.
This AC comes with noise cancellation technology that allows it to work at 40 to 50 decibels. This is perfect for tent and small space use.
There are four working modes, including sleep mode and dehumidified mode. This way, you can stay cool and remain undisturbed while sleeping.
The battery pack has two USB-A ports and one USB-C port. You can charge multiple digital devices at the same time. Let your kids play games in the tent and charge your phone at the same time.
It has a digital display that shows the airflow temperature of the AC. You can track and adjust the temperature according to your needs.
It comes equipped with a warm LED light. LED light provides the perfect amount of brightness for camping. Enjoy other activities such as gaming in the tent and reading books at night without any interruption.
The Zero Breeze Mark Ⅱ can be a great source of air-conditioning in any boating trip.
Cool Pontoon Boat Accessories
Steiner Commander Binoculars
On any boating trip, a binocular can be a great thing to have to observe deep blue horizons from your comfort zone. The Steiner Commander Binoculars can do exactly that.
Combined with high-definition optics and sports autofocus system, the Steiner commander is capable of delivering outstanding image clarity with real-time auto-tracking.
The Steiner Commander provides you up to seven times magnification. This lets you focus on objects which are very far away.
The commander’s housing is made from durable polycarbonate with NBR long live rubber armoring. This material creates a lightweight, rugged chassis that withstands 11 Gs of impact. You can use it in harsh weather conditions with confidence.
It features an N2 Injection System. This system seals 14 psi pressurized dry nitrogen into the object for fog proof clarity.
Are you looking for rugged binoculars that let you observe the blue ocean with clarity? The Steiner commander binoculars are the right choice for you.
Garmin specializes in making smartwatches with an accurate GPS navigation system. Also, Garmin always uses the latest state-of-the-art technology. The Garmin MARQ Captain is no exception.
It comes it a 1.2-inch transflective LCD that lets you see your everyday status in vibrant, vivid colors. Its the circular dial allows you to interact with a watch conveniently.
The MARQ Captain comes with many sensors, including GPS with Galileo Glonass and Gyro. This will provide you an accurate navigation system in the deep sea.
It comes with sailing features, including Tack Assist. Tack Assist is designed for one who spends most of the time on any boat. You can stream boat data to your wrist wherever you are on the vessel and add waypoints to your chart plotter remotely.
You can use the captain as your daily activity tracker as it can monitor heart rate, sleep quality, step count, and many more, all just from your wrist.
It comes with both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity. Connected with your smartphone and attend notifications calls or texts from the watch. It also comes with “find my phone” feature, which you can use to find your lost phone.
The captain’s internal rechargeable lithium battery provides:
- up to 12 days of battery life in SmartWatch mode
- 28 hours in GPS mode and
- 48 hours in ultra track mode
- 9 hours in GPS mode, with music.
Combined with DLC Coated Titanium Bezel and Nylon Strap, this SmartWatch is durable enough to withstand any harsh weather conditions.
Are you looking for a SmartWatch that can provide you accurate navigation in any boating trip? The Garmin MARQ Captain is the right choice for you.
Fun Pontoon Boat Accessories
Surfboard or Zup Board
Every fun activity on the water starts with a good old surfboard.
If you are an experienced surfer, you can use a regular surfboard, but if you are a newbie, try Zup Board.
If you like good fun on the water, this is a way to do it. You can read all about in my zup board review article.
- ALL-IN-ONE BOARD: DoMore board serves as a wakeboard, kneeboard, and water skis to provide fun for everyone on the water
- INTEGRATED HANDLES: Built-in handle hook and molded side handles allows riders to start, move to a kneeling position, or move to a standing position without worrying about holding onto the handle
- VERSATILE FOOT STRAPS: Slip-in foot straps also serve as elbow and knee pads if board is used as a wakeboard, tube, or kneeboard
Pedal boarding originated hundreds of years ago. It went through a renaissance in the 1980s only to become one of the major activities on the water. Yet, one of the reasons why everyone can’t enjoy the sport is the sheer size of the board. It is not very convenient for transportation.
This is where the Easy Eddy comes in. Easy Eddy is the world’s first lightweight, collapsible paddleboard. It consists of three parts, that when taken apart, have 49 by 33 by 16 inches dimensions. It weighs 37 pounds and can be assembled in 60 seconds.
Extra features include;
- retractable fin for storage
- convenient waterproof case for your belongings
- cup holder
Although expensive, Easy Eddy is an excellent alternative to surfboards. The convenience of transportation can’t be matched by any other board.
Are you a fan of jet skiing and find your way around a surfboard? The new all-electric model from the Swedish manufacturer Awake is ready to challenge your inner adventure seeker.
If you are ready to glide across the sea and conquer small waves, this carbon fiber piece is one of the fastest surfboards ever built.
It has a maximum speed of 35 miles per hour, and it’s suitable for 40 minutes of mixed surfing.
The Ravik has four power modes; Kids, Eco, Sport, and Extreme. You can easily switch using the dedicated mobile application.
Trident Underwater Scooter
The device you could have seen only among professional scuba divers is now sold on Amazon. It works great from a regular battery and weighs only a little over eight pounds. The Trident underwater scooter was designed for divers and snorkel lovers.
- Compact underwater scooter, designed to fit in your airplane carry-on, Compatible with Go Pro/ LED Light Mount
- Powerful motor can bring you to dive to 164 ft. depth, dual thrusters provide up to 26lbs power, reaching 4 mph swimming and diving experience
- Long-lasting removable battery performs up to 45 mins running time in the water and takes only 1. 5-hour refilling it with full power
The propellers with protective netting create a thrust of 26 pounds. That will enable you to reach a maximum depth of 164 feet.
With one-button switching, the diverse can choose between two-speed levels, 1.86, or 4 miles per hour.
The 90 minutes charge lithium battery is enough to upgrade the scooter for 45 minutes. The charge indicator will alert you whenever it’s time to go back to the surface.
Do you love exploring the underwater world? QYSEA FIFISH V6 Might just be what you need. It is an underwater Rover that provides you stunning view of the underwater world.
- FIFISH V6 from QYSEA is the 1st compact size OMNI-directional ROV with 4K UHD camera.
- The patented Smart Thruster Array empowers you to push beyond your creative boundaries and explore the vast underwater world without limits.
- The professional 4K camera with a 166° FOV fixed lens for underwater video filming / photo shooting, support H.265 HEVC video format and RAW in DNG epic underwater shooting.
Because of its innovative design and quality build material, the QYSEA FIFISH can go down depths up to 100 meters. It will provide you the best experience of the underwater sea world for the price.
It comes with six thrusters for Omni-directional control. You can drive it in any direction of your desire.
The QYSEA FIFISH V6 features a 12 megapixel Sony CMOS Sensor. You will be able to shoot photos and videos in stunning 4k resolution in RAW DNG format. You will not miss out on any details while recording.
It comes with two LED lights that can produce 2,000 lumens of brightness. You can now explore the darkest areas of the underwater environment.
The QYSEA FIFISH V6 comes with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery. The battery provides a total of 4 hours of runtime so that you can record underwater videos for a long time.
If you are looking for a waterproof Rover that can provide you stunning view of underwater in detail, then the QYSEA FIFISH is the right choice for you.
Boat Accessories for Cooking
Pontoon Boat Grill
If you did not think you can get a barbecue for your boat, then I have a great surprise. There are many barbecues that you can buy for your pontoon boat.
This makes the experience a lot better! Now, you don’t need to bring deli meat and cold items. You can cook on your vessel and enjoy a hot meal. For the summer, this comes in handy.
The best part will be enjoying hot food with your family and friends! Since summer is coming, this is an idea to consider. You can read the best pontoon boat grill article I wrote about the BBQs.
Needles to say, I am a fan of having a pontoon barbecue or even a pontoon fire pit.
- New tempered glass viewing window New beautiful rounded edge design Redesigned dynamic combustion system
- Made in the U.S.A. Constructed of 100% 18-9 marine grade mirror polished stainless steel Full double lined lower shell Hermetically sealed thermometer
- Equipped with integrated fold-away legs Locking front access grease tray 9"x18" (162 Sq. In.) grilling area
GoSun Fusion Cooker
On a boating trip, cooking can become problematic as starting a fire on the boat can be a hassle. Meet the GoSun Fusion that lets you cook delicious meals anywhere and take your party to the next level.
- SOLAR/ELECTRIC HYBRID - The world's first solar + electric oven to work off grid.
- PORTABLE - The GoSun Fusion packs up to a 14 LB package, with an anodized aluminum reflector frame that protects the cooking chamber
- COOK AT NIGHT - Cook on sunny days, cloudy days, rainy days, or at night!
Instead of charcoal or propane grill, the fusion uses vacuum tube technology. Sunlight is focused on the vacuum tube by parabolic reflectors—those reflectors than convert nearly 80% of the Sun’s rays into heat. The cooker can reach up to 550F while keeping the exterior of the cooker cool to the touch.
The vacuum tube works as an insulator to keep the food hot.
It also uses a thermal heating component in the base of the cooking tray.
The heating element needs a 12-volt battery to cook a full meal and is encased in a stainless steel cover.
This versatile cooker weighs only six point two kilograms. It is five times more efficient than a traditional electric oven. And, it can feed up to six people at a time.
Cool Food & Beverage Caddy
A best-seller at boating shows. The Docktail Butler is the ultimate multifunctional family-style beverage and food caddy.
If you are looking for an easy and convenient way you serve your guests, this cool caddy is the perfect accessory.
Do you have a grill on your pontoon boat? Do you have a family? Do you like to have a drink or two while cruising? Do you like to fish and need a place to put your fishing lure? If you answered yes to any of these questions, this is a must-have accessory for you.
After the grill, this is the best thing you will ever buy for your boat.
Portable Marine Coolers
Want to catch the best fish? Use the best bait!
Both fish and bait can be kept much fresher throughout the duration of your voyage if properly stored. Get yourself a portable cooler. Without a doubt, one of the best coolers is Coleman 200-Quart XP H2O Marine Cooler.
However, If you are thinking about taking this pastime on more seriously, or will simply be fishing often with more and more friends, looking for a good time, then you may also want to consider investing in a dedicated live well on board.
- Ultimate Xtreme technology with extra-thick insulation for ice retention up to 7 days at temperatures as high as 90°F
- 200-quart capacity holds up to 325 cans; plenty of room for days of refreshments and keeping the catch chilled
- Antimicrobial-treated liner resists mold, mildew, odor, and fungus
Recommended Boat Accessories
Boat Autopilot Features
A device that steers the boat for you frees you up to focus on other tasks that need more attention. The autopilot technology will drive according to preset turn patterns, exercising optimum control. If you are a savvy person, order a system like Garmin’s GHC 153 Autopilot Control from Amazon.
Water Depth Finder
A quality sonar sensor depth finder captures both temperature and depth measurements. It lets you better navigate the water. It also tracks the fish themselves, providing you with their location.
If anything will crank the odds of you getting a catch to the max, it is this feature right here. Luckily, this is also an easy gadget to get if you would like to shop on your own.
- ENHANCED DISPLAY TECHNOLOGY: High-resolution, 7-inch SolarMAX display that makes it easier to identify fish and structure with new, enhanced screen clarity and target separation.
- FISHREVEAL SMART TARGET VIEW: Makes fish easier to see on DownScan Imaging by combining clear CHIRP sonar fish targets with superior, high-resolution views of bottom detail, structure and bait fish.
- PRELOADED HIGH-DETAIL MAPPING: Fish new water like a pro with preloaded US Inland mapping that features 4,000 lakes with 1-foot contours. Narrow your search for productive water, easily locating fish-holding structure like ledges, drop offs and...
Swiveling Fishing Chairs
When fitted to the bow, chairs with a swivel feature make a world of difference. These chairs will rotate 360 degrees and provide you with a clear view of the waterways. You will have the maximum ability to look around and spot any biters.
A slick swivel chair may often be a little on the pricier side. Try to negotiate that cost in your original boat purchase negotiations instead.
Nevertheless, the slick swivel chair does add a level of comfort, maneuverability, and style that you likely will not find with the standard, built-in models on pontoons. The ever-popular option offered by Wise is an excellent place to start if you do find yourself wanting to go this route.
Fishing Rod Holders
Some people like to be in control 100% of the time when they are fishing. They will not let the fishing rod out of their hands.
I, however, am different. I prefer to have freedom of moving around the boat without having to hold a fishing rod in my hands. For that, I use a fishing rod holder.
- High-impact injection molded co-polymer plastic in black finish
- Multiple settings for optimal positioning
- Sliding lock ring allows quick rod insertion and removal
Here are Other Rod Holder Brands You Could Try on Boating Trips
- Amarine-made 4pcs Stainless Clamp-on Fishing Rod Holder for Rails – I had these rod holders on my boat. I was pleasantly surprised by how functional these are, especially considering the low price.
- PLUSINNO Fishing Boat Rods Holder – These are some of the nicer-looking rod holders for your boat. You can rely on these on your boating trips.
- Millennium Spyder LOK – This adjustable rod holder is vital for people with disabilities. Having this on your boat makes your boating or fishing trip extra comfortable.
Pontoons are already awesome watercraft with intuitive steering. Pair that baseline with a tilt steering mechanism and your pontoon will be so simple to navigate.
GPS Track And Chart Plotter
Use these innovative features here, and you will be able to plan voyages around pre-marked fishing routes. Pair this together with your autopilot control system, and even a rod holder if you are up for it, and you will not even need to fish. Whoever said, ‘teach a man to fish, and he will never be hungry again,’ clearly has never set foot into a rig like this one!
- 9-Inch high-resolution intuitive touchscreen controls
- NMEA 2000 and NMEA 0183 support for network connectivity, including autopilots, digital switching, weather, FUSION-Link, VHF, AIS and more
- Garmin Marine Network support for sharing sonar, including Panoptix sonar, maps, user data, radar and IP cameras among multiple units
Garmin GPSMAP 86i GPS
While in the sea, it’s crucial to have a navigation system that can guide you to reach your destination. Keep the Garmin GPSMAP 86i by your side to show you the path, even in deep waters.
- Water-resistant, floating design, sunlight-visible 3” display and button operation provide ease of use on the water
- Stream boat data from compatible chartplotters and instruments to consolidate your marine system information
- Stay in touch from anywhere with in reach satellite communication and two-way text messaging via the 100% Global Iridium satellite network
It comes with compatible Garmin chart plotters and instruments. You can see real-time boat data displayed right in your hand. Use it as a remote control for convenient operation with Garmin autopilot.
It has built-in satellite technology that helps you stay in touch globally. Send and receive two-way text messages and track and share your journey. If necessary, trigger an interactive SOS to get emergency help.
It comes pre-loaded with blue G3 coastal charts. This gives you industrial leading coverage with integrated Garmin and Navionics data. Sink the GPSMAP 86i with the Garmin Explorer website for cloud management of your favorite waypoints tracks and routes.
The GPSMAP 86i has a rechargeable lithium battery. The battery provides up to 35 hours of life in a ten-minute tracking mode. If you like expedition mode, you will have 2 hours of battery life at your disposal.
Are you looking for a professional-grade navigation system for your boating trip? Are you looking for the right path in any weather condition? If you do, the Garmin GPSMAP 86i is the right choice for you.
The cockpit, captain, and passengers will be shielded from choppy waters and spray thanks to the shelter of a windshield. This is another one of those features that you will not ever fully appreciate until you really need it.
Boat Party Accessories
LG XBook PK7 Speaker
Whether you are at the beach or having a party on a yacht with, the LG XBook PK7 can spice up your party everywhere. It features two speakers that offer deep bass and excellent sound.
- Easy Bluetooth pairing and high definition streaming
- Up to 22 hours playback
- Enhanced bass with LED beat lighting
The speaker has clear vocal and enhanced bass settings. Those settings give the speaker a sweet bump sound to the bass and help project the sound further out.
It also offers a louder and clearer sound with the latest upgrade. With a new addition, the LG PK7 offers iPx5 standard water resistance, and it can survive rain or accidental splashes.
This wireless speaker offers Bluetooth connectivity with an APTX support and a 3.5-millimeter auxiliary input socket to channel your tunes.
With a massive battery, the speaker can play your music for up to 22 hours. It’s multicolored LED lights match the beat of the songs. If you pair it with another speaker, you can create a stereo effect.
The LG PK7 allows access to voice assistant of smartphones from the speaker. You can and enjoy hands-free calling as well.
This impressive portable Bluetooth speaker is made from hard textured plastic that weighs about six pounds.
Pontoon Accessories Checklist
I hope this list has helped you. I hope it has given you some ideas of what is most important on a pontoon boat, as well as how you can make your boat more personable.
A pontoon boat is not just a fun toy; it is part of the family. You create memories on it. You enjoy your days on it. It is always better to be prepared.
Other items to consider for your pontoon boat that did not make my ‘must-haves’ list are:
- Underdeck lighting make your boat stand out.
- Bungee dock lines make docking easier.
- Corner bumpers help avoid potential scratches or dents on your boat.
- Rail-mount rod holders for the fisherman on board.
- A fence-mount diving board for the kids and teenagers on board.
- A pontoon boat table or fire pit.
- A water slide for the kids.
- Pontoon boat enclosure.
- Portable toilet for emergencies.
- Boat emergency equipment.
Basically, this is a good number of cool pontoon boat accessories that you must have when you are going boating. You might opt-out for additional items such as a boat umbrella.
Of course, everyone has own necessities and it would be best if you create a list for yourself.
It is important to think through all the things and all the little details because sometimes those details can make a big difference. You want to have a nice day outside. Avoid big problems with things that can be fixed easily by being prepared.